July 16, 2020
Dear Family Members of Patients and Residents at d’Youville Pavilion,
Please see the important information below regarding outdoor visits with your loved one(s).
These visits will begin on Tuesday, July 28. It is extremely important that you do not visit if you are feeling ill and/or if you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 after a visit. Should this be the case, we would request that you contact us immediately so that we can monitor the resident/patient closely. We adhere strictly to the guidelines below for your safety! If any staff or resident should become positive for Covid-19, we will stop the visits immediately.
June’s Garden Visits
- Garden visits will be available on Tuesdays from 1-4pm, Wednesdays from 4-7pm, and Thursdays from 1-4:00pm.
- Garden visits will be limited to 15 minutes per visit.
- Please be advised that at this time we can accommodate 2 guests per visit. No children under 5 years of age will be permitted to visit. Outdoor garden visits may be limited to once per week to accommodate all of our residents and their families.
- Resident/patient, staff, and visitors must wear a face covering at all times. If a resident/patient becomes unable to maintain a face covering, we can offer to continue the visit as a “Window visit” from the front lobby window. Visitors are expected to provide their own personal face covering.
- Children age 5 and above must always be supervised, maintain social distancing, and wear a face covering when age appropriate.
- No meals/snacks are permitted during the visit as this would require the removal of the face mask/face covering during the visit.
- June’s Garden visits should be scheduled with Shelly Katula-Blais, Director of Recreation Therapy: email@example.com or call her direct number 207-777-4461.Prior to the Garden Visit
- Check in at June’s Garden front gate next to the front parking lot.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands, have your temperature checked, and sign in to the visitation log.
- You may then proceed to June’s Garden gate. Please wait for staff to call you into the garden for your visit.During Your Garden Visit
- Once staff have brought your loved one into the garden gazebo, you will then be instructed for the visit to begin.
- Staff will assist in maintaining a physical distance of 6 feet at all times during the visit.
- Staff will inform you of when you are approaching the end of your visit. At the end of the visit, we ask that you leave first so that we can safely return your loved one into the building.
These are new guidelines provided to us by the CDC for everyone’s safety. Our staff does need to be available and present during the visits. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions that you may have.
Philip T. Hickey, MHA, MLNHA
President, d’Youville Pavilion
102 Campus Avenue
Lewiston, Maine 04240