Exciting news to share! It has been a long time coming and we know how anxious everyone has been to return back to business as usual. While we have proceeded with caution in how to conduct business and in returning to normal in baby steps we have kept our residents safety at the center of all the decisions we make. With the positivity rate continuing to drop in Androscoggin County, we have revised how we will manage visitation effective Monday, 6/28/21.
Starting on Monday, June 28th, we will be changing our process for visitation.
- The visiting hours will be Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am-2:00pm.
- All visitors must enter and exit through the front lobby.
- All visitors must be screened upon entering the building.
- All visitors and residents must read and sign the Visitation Acknowledgment providing information regarding the risk of exposure due to visitation.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask and practice good hand hygiene before and after the visit.
- All visitors must proceed directly to their loved one’s room.
- Socializing with staff or other residents is not allowed.
- Please adhere to the 6 feet distancing and wear your mask when walking throughout our facility.
- Residents that share a room should conduct their visits on their side of the room and have the curtain drawn to maintain social distancing.
- Facemasks must be always worn, and hand hygiene must be maintained.
- Outdoor visits pose a lower risk of Covid19 transmission and are encouraged.
- Please contact the nurse’s station to plan an offsite visit.
- Regarding vaccinated residents who participate in offsite visits, under most circumstances your loved will not need to quarantine upon return from an offsite visit. Examples of when they would need to quarantine for 14 days upon return include:
- If they have been exposed to COVID19 at any point while out of the building.
- If they have symptoms of COVID19 upon return or develop them at any point after return.
- Residents who are new admissions to the facility and unvaccinated will be required to quarantine per CDC guidance after admission before having visitation.
- The facility must consider how the number of visitors per resident at one time and total number of visitors in the facility at one time may affect the ability to maintain the core principles of infection control. The facility reserves the right to limit the number of visitors at any time to adhere to these principles.